Saturday, January 8, 2011

Brook Mierzejewski

************ Warning Pictures of the baby (she was stillborn)********************************

The reason that I am writing this is because I use this a my journal and I want to remember and for all those who ask

At 20 weeks along I have a regular ultrasound and everything looked great but she was a little small and low, she also had little fluid, so they wanted to do a another ultrasound at 24 weeks! Well I told Michael not to come because it was just a check up and to see if everything was okay, but he surprised me and came! I was so happy to have him there! The ultrasound lady was very quite during and all of a sudden turned off the machine and looked at me all sad, and said I have some bad news, the baby doesn't have a heart beat. I broke out in tears and said are you sure, and she said that "she wont have told me that if she wasn't for sure." She told us that we had to come back that day and talk to the doctor, so we came back and we asked the doctor all different questions and then we decided to do it on Friday because I wanted help and I wanted Michael to be able to be there and not have to worry about work. But it was really hard to know that my baby wasn't alive and that I had to wait. Michael mom came in on Thursday night its nice to have extra help! Thursday night Michael gave me a blessing of comfort. Friday came and we woke up at 3:30 and drove to the hospital, checked in and got all hooked up. They gave me medicine and I was having contractions, I was having pain so they gave this pain medicine and it was horrible stuff, it didn't take away any pain, but it made me loopy and I couldn't talk and couldn't move it was the worse stuff ever! I started to throw up. Well after about 4 to 5 hours it finally started to fade, I was really upset that it took that long to get out of my system! The contractions were about 2 to 3 min. apart but I didn't want anymore pain medicine! I got to about a 9 and asked for a epidural, it was so nice! Epidural are from god and are the best!! I could finally relax a little! About 20 to 30 minutes later I had her. The doctor pulled her out and went to check her out, the cord was wrapped around her neck THREE times and that everything else looked okay, he asked me if I wanted to see her and of course I did. They bought her over and I was in tears the whole day but I had never been that sad in my whole life. She was beautiful and she look like her brother and sisters, she was amazing in every way! We spent the next few hours with her and we had to decided what to do with her and we pick out the mortuary, it was very hard. We were there for a few more hours to make sure I was okay, they did more tests and made sure that I was feeling okay before we left. We left and went home, I came home and saw my 3 beautiful kids, who are so sweet and so loving, ate dinner and went to bed. It was a hard day and I am sure that the days to come I will have up's and Down's but in the end we are a very strong family, and I know that I will see her again and I am so happy to have the Gospel in our lives!
I have had lots of people who have been there for us, people who have prayed for us, and put us in there thoughts. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful family and friends at this time! I am so grateful and want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

We named her Brook Mierzejewski she weighed 6.1 ounces 9.5 inches
The reason that I am posting these pictures is because she was real and that she was there!!!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

heather said...

I am so sorry for your loss Michelle. You and your family have been in our prayers and we love you guys. She is sweet and like you said, you will see her again because you are an eternal family. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you loss!!! You are in my prayers!!

Jolley Family said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry for your loss. What a heart-renching thing to go through. It sounds like you have a lot of support so that is good to hear.
My VT companion in my ward had a similar experience around the same number of weeks about 2 years ago. She has kept her babies memory alive by writing a blog called greysonsgift.blogspot.com She has also started making tiny baby blankets to donate to hospitals for situations like this. She got the idea from trying to wrap her 1 lb baby in a regular size blanket. We got to help make some at an enrichment activity. Anyway I just thought I would share that information with you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Angela

SW Portraits said...

My heart is so broken for you and your family right now. I am so sorry and sad you have to endure this. I just can't imagine what this must feel like. Your family is in my thoughts right now. This post truly made me cry. That and it made me want to go pick up my sweet, sleeping Lincoln and hold him extra close! Take care of yourself and I am here if you ever need to talk!

The Staker Family said...

Michelle, I am so sorry. That must have been so hard. I am grateful for the gospel and your family support. We will keep you in our prayers.

B. Surfer said...

if we lived next door to each other like we use too, i'd come over and cry with you. Brooke's a cute name.

asasd said...

it's sad... but everthing will be ok, 'cause you and you family ar together no matter what!
good luck