Sunday, May 16, 2010

HELP!!!

I am overwhelmed with all the duties it takes to be a mom!! Not a regular mom but a LDS mom!! Not that being a LDS mom is a bad thing!!! But I feel very responsible to teach them all the wonderful things about it!!

I wish that in the process of finding a wonderful man, that we would have talked more about how things would have taken place!! I do remember one night when Michael was in utah we were under the stars and talking about kids and what we were going to do when we were parents...it sounded to good to be true..but the truth is we didn't have kids then!!! Then I moved to Florida and the rest is history!!!

My parents were not really strict LDS parents and I always wish that they would have been better, well because they would take us to church and I would always hear amazing story about men and women in the church and I wanted that for my future family!!

During dating I knew what I wanted...(I took classes a uvsc on eternal marriage and I still have the book to prove it) but for some odd reason I dated men who weren't so confident, they ALL question the church! Don't get me wrong, I questioned it too, but I still love it and believe in it and want my kids to feel the same way!!

So anyway..Its really hard to find energy to do it by myself!! From prayer to study the scriptures, to family home evening, to church, to listening to general conferences so on and so on!! Then there is everything else, cleaning, being a mom to three little kids, actives, school, playtime, work, reading books, teaching, etc!!! I am tired and sometimes it just makes me want to quit!!

BUT I know its worth it and I do want my kids to know that Jesus is there and that he loves us!! I want to do the best job I can do for HIM!! He gave me these wonderful kids and I want him to be proud of me!!

It's hard when I am the only one who wants these things and then there is everything else!!!

but, I am a strong person and I can do it and I will do it!! Its that important to me!!!!

3 comments:

heather said...

You can do it! I know you can because you are a strong women and when you put your mind to it you get it done.
You know, I'm not perfect either and I realized that as long as your trying the Lord will be pleased. It doesn't have to be a formal setting to teach them. Sometimes its random. Like when we are walking to the park I point out the flowers and talk about the creation and how Jesus created this beautiful earth.
You can do it Michelle. Don't feel discouraged. Your a great mom and I think you are doing great.

Abby Wright said...

Michelle you are not expected to be super mom, just know that. Be their example and they will want to do it. IF every morning when they walk into your room or during nap time you are reading your scriptures they are going to want to be like mommy and night prayer is the easiest to start if you do it together and make it a priority the rest comes with time. I am not a parent yet but when it comes to "Training" my husband, he see's me kneeling in prayer every morning and night and see's me reading my scriptures and that makes him want to be the best husband he can be because I am working to be the best wife and mom. It wont come over night and you always know what I say is the best way...PRAY ABOUT IT. Its a good desire and HE will help. Love you!

lacie tidwell said...

its hard to be wonderwoman- and yet, it's what we're expectedt o do! I think you are doing a fabulous job and all you can do is your best, and the rest takes care of itself! you're awesome Michelle!